It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:27 pm

BCM Feature requests

Let me know if you're lacking a module or other feature to get the job done
  • Author

w_ellis

BCM Feature requests

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Simon,

Cheeky I know, given how much you've already given us, but here are a couple of very low priority feature requests:

1) Support for the BCR/BCF's push encoder buttons, either via a BCM-56, or a BCM-8C. Seems a waste to hook up a BCM-16 to use these!
2) Versions of the BCM modules with 8 connectors per row, for easier cabling (although more screen space used).

Obviously both of these definitely fall into the "nice to have" category, so please ignore if they are a lot of work.

Thanks,
Will

sharc

Site Admin

Re: BCM Feature requests

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 9:23 am

'Feature requests' - Good idea Will :D.

Hope you don't mind but I've created a new forum for this topic.

1) BCM Encoder buttons. Bigger BCM's are cumbersome to build because of the huge preset lists, but I'll take a look at 8 and 32 button versions of the BCM16.

2) I realise it takes a bit of getting used but as with all BC modules I've tried to avoid making the module bigger than it needs to be wherever possible. BC Modules are designed to support up to 12 pads per unit. It's not necessarily a number that always fits well, the B-Controls being an example, but I think it's more versatile.

I'll have think about reverting back to rows of 8 for the BCM's. What does everyone else think?

w_ellis

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 am

Cool, no worries about a BCM-56 then, I'd be very happy with just an 8 button version of the BCM-16.

I've had one other idea in the meantime, for a mini BCM-8, which sits in a module slot. Interface similar to the CLM-1 shown here: http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_18/bcm_mast.htm, but with the same level of control as a BCM.

sharc

Site Admin

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 8:49 am

That's do-able. Good idea :D

The CLM-1188R module already has the same level of control as the BCM. In fact like the Control Rangers it's compatible with BCM encoder presets. It doesn't have the MIDI CC assignment though. I can't remember why I took that out :oops:

So, what we'd be looking at is a similar module without the circuit level aspect and with the CC assignment added back in?

The only issue is the displays... With 8 controls across the displays aren't large enough for unit values like the BCM's. Not a problem if 0-127 is all you need to see from the parameter readout. Otherwise an option would be to have 4 controls across and either make it a bigger module to accomodate 2 rows of 4 or alternatively it could be 2 (or more) pages of 4.

w_ellis

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 11:20 am

In that case, I think just having a 4 control module would be ideal. Personally I could live without pages... can always just add another module! I'd certainly want to see the parameter values in the same way as the BCMs if possible, as that's really useful. Also the Midi CC part would be important for flexibility.

w_ellis

PostSun May 05, 2013 8:27 am

Just reconsidering the original feature request re. an 8 button BCM, given I now understand encoder groups on the BCR2000 much better. I actually think using 2x BCM-16s to cover the 32 push functions of the 8 push encoders over the 4 groups is perfectly fine, so please disregard this request! I also think the 8 pads per row request should be as low as possible down your priority list!

Still keen on the the CLM-less CLM-1188R though, I reckon that would be pretty handy.

jksuperstar

PostFri May 10, 2013 5:48 pm

A text or README containing the Version of BCModular installed. Or a module containing this info.

As some changes come and releases made, I'm guessing there may be some confusion around this!

sharc

Site Admin

PostFri May 10, 2013 6:22 pm

I was thinking about this and starting from 0.97b I'll be keeping a version history both on here and the Wiki. Any updates can include this info in a readme as well.

I'll also try and get all the 'missing' files organized between updates into the one location.

Spielraum

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 7:25 pm

SEQ Stamp Indicator Brainstorm

Cellular Automata: [CV-Out uni]: outputs sync unipolar control signal.
>> freqMult 0.3175 + 88 (7bit) for range BCM-16/48 Label Number select/highlight as Stamp Indicator
but, BCM-24/32 have no Midi Ctrl Assignment for last Label Number (maximum value)
i hope, you can fix it :roll:

:arrow: BETTER, separate button for link off "select mode", only number highlight (or other Stamp Indicator, LED or so)
because scope crashes every now and then...
...or additional Stamp Indicator Module with concept of Label Number (one Ctrl with val 0-127) in same graphic grid to BCM-xx

OK, i think this is tricky, but very cool gadged for better SEQ workflow
cheers

Return to Feature Requests