It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm

ScopeSync news!

The latest ScopeSync news
  • Author

w_ellis

ScopeSync news!

PostMon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Following on from the initial ScopeSync high resolution control system for Scope that sharc and I released a number of months back, we have been working hard on a new version that tackled some of its key limitations. In particular, we wanted to make a version that would work in all major DAWs, not just Ableton Live, featuring bidirectional communication with Scope and where the control interface could be shared between the plugin and Scope.

We're pleased to announce that we are now ready to invite beta testing of this new version, which consists of a VST2 plugin (for both 32 and 64 bit systems) and a new set of Scope modular modules. Bidirectional communication with Scope is supported by a new Snapshot feature on the Scope side that allows Scope settings to be sent back to the DAW.

For Scope developers, the DLL that supports the GUI functionality as well as parts of the ScopeSync communication is also available to be integrated into their Scope devices. The source code will be made freely available under the GPL licensing model.

All configuration of the ScopeSync plugin and Scope module can be done via XML files, grouped together into a configuration that allows users to define the following:

Layout

A custom XML schema based on Juce components allows dynamic GUIs to be created with no C++ coding required. sharc has built some example layouts demonstrating some of the key features, including support for hierarchical look and feel definitions, default templates for standard controls and image handling for knobs, sliders and buttons.

Device

Definitions of all parameters for a given modular patch or Scope device, including control ranging, curves and custom display formats, as well as support for discrete parameters like Oscillator types or wavetables

Mapping

Linking GUI controls from a layout to a device, including specific handling for buttons, such as defining them as value incrementers, up/down toggles etc.

There are too many features to talk about them all in this post, so we'll be putting together more detailed documentation in the coming weeks. Also, please remember that this is a 0.1 release at this stage, with plenty left for us to do. In particular, we intend to support mapping and device definition from within the application, as well as adding built in support for MIDI and OSC parameter mapping.

We'd also welcome any enhancement requests, which we can't promise to tackle quickly, but hopefully in time!

Download

ScopeSync v0.1b.zip
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 333 times

dawman

Re: ScopeSync news!

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 6:40 pm

ANkyu......

dawman

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 1:20 am

Why Yi Youghtta..........

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (372.97 KiB) Viewed 13066 times

sharc

Site Admin

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 2:55 am

Should be nothing to worry about, but I have to ask how many instances of the module did you load and is that an undoctored screenshot Jimmy?.

It's just trying to load the configuration file and not finding it where it's expected. If I'd saved the module without a configuration loaded this wouldn't happen. You'd just get a nice ScopeSync logo instead until you go through the following process.

I'll post an update tomorrow which should fix this. In the meantime the simple solution here is to click OK on that dialog. Then from the BC-Popup click on the load icon, browse to the configurations directory and select your configuration to open - In your case I'd recommend the BCF2000 configuration. If the load configuration window reappears when you click 'open' then just cancel it. Again this is mentioned as a known bug in the installation instructions.

You should now have a working panel, the path to which is stored in presets / the patch / the project and should recall reliably on your system without any errors :)

sharc

Site Admin

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 3:11 am

PS - Are you able to load the VST plugin without any problems?

dawman

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 1:54 pm

I think I'll just ignore all of the messages, and realized also this is a 32bit dll. so Bidule won't recognize it but Reaper has built in bridging so the Scope view is really sweet.
This is way over my head but I shall try and see if the Oakley phaser can be used with this and report back.

But I get all flustered once I start having to think of ins and outs other than the simple 1/4" plugs where we want sound from a guitar you plug it into something.
Scope has reversed I/Os and that's hard enough for me, then I add more and my head starts spinning and makes me want a Jager.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (263.54 KiB) Viewed 13058 times

w_ellis

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi Jimmy,

Good to see you're trying this out. It'll all make a bit more sense once we've put together some tutorials. I'm up in Scotland watching the Commonwealth Games this week, but back in London on the weekend, when I'll start work on them. I'll also be able to do you a 64bit build then. I've been testing the VST in Reaper using a 64bit build, as well as the bridged 32bit build and they both work fine, although the full 64bit version is a bit better generally.

Cheers,
Will

dawman

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 4:48 pm

And have some fun, and thanks so much Will.
Eventually this stuff will really be great for live work as well as editing once I figure out how to use it better.

w_ellis

PostMon Aug 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Just a quick update on progress for everyone. We're going to be releasing an update in the next day or so, which will include a new layout that sharc has put together, showing some of the key features for those that fancy having a go at building their own layouts. We'll also include updated builds of the plugin and Scope dll that fix a few minor bugs. We'll also include a 64bit build of the VST and an experimental VST3 version for the brave!

dawman

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 am

I am brave, also a moron, but a brave moron, so bring it....

Ankyu
Next

Return to Announcements