This patch mops up a few of the outstanding issues regarding layouts, as well as adding a number of handy new features for layout builders. Please note that there have been some fairly big changes to the layout XML, so if you have started looking into it, you might want to review some of the changes to the example layouts and the XSD to see what's different. We aren't intending any further major changes to the XML format for layouts for now, so this version should be pretty safe to work with.
Consistent handling between host and GUI of parameters making use of the skew (curve) functionality, plus display of formatted values in host. Screenset support for Control Panel in ScopeSync128A BC Modular Module.
Download the scopesync-0.2.2-beta.zip file (or clone the repository if you'd like to browse the Source Code). See Installation.rtf for details on how to install ScopeSync
See http://git.io/k5_L6A for issues known about at the time of this release
Key feature enhancements
- Host and UI values relating to parameters with skewed (curved) value ranges are now automatically synchronised (can be manually disabled on a per-parameter basis as needed)
- Text display in host now uses the UI value ranges and suffixes, e.g. 50 cents or -50.0dB
- Control Panel SS128A BC Module now stores visibility and position information for Screensets (note related issue that resulted from this change: #5)
- (#6) Support for dB-based parameters in Scope without need of a Control Ranger
- (#7) New ways to define position and size of UI elements through a bounds element, including RelativeRectangle
- (#22) Added ability to switch Tabs in a TabbedComponent by clicking on a Slider
- (#11) Added support for Rectangles and Images within a Component
- (#12) Added support for Slider mouse-over images
- LookAndFeels are now correctly inherited throughout a layout definition
- Added Reload Configuration button to Loader window, to handle situation where user fixes issue with layout and wants to be able to reload it
- Refactored the parameter system out of the ScopeSync class into a BCMParameter class and most of the usage has changed to refer to BCMParameter objects, rather than going via paramIdx.
- Tightened up layout XML validation by converting many elements to attributes
- Moved to using GitHub issues (https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/ ... +is%3Aopen) and started to include references to them in the Release Note on GitHub