It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:30 am

Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

The latest ScopeSync news
  • Author

w_ellis

Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostWed Oct 08, 2014 6:52 am

sharc and I are delighted to announce our latest update to ScopeSync, which is now released on Github. Please see below for full details of what's included in this release. For many of you it may be the first version that's ready to play with properly, with the addition of the Configuration Manager!

Highlights
This release adds the Configuration Manager, a GUI editor for ScopeSync Configuration files (see screenshots below). Mapping and Parameter settings accessible via right-click menus on Control Panel widgets or through the full Configuration Manager Window. Includes Undo/Redo functionality and Keyboard shortcuts!

Instructions
Download the scopesync-0.3-beta.zip file (or clone the repository if you'd like to browse the Source Code). See Installation.rtf for details on how to install ScopeSync

Known Issues
See http://git.io/k5_L6A for key issues known about at the time of the latest release

Key feature enhancements
- (#8) Configuration Manager Window and right-click popup menus
- Added mappingparent element to layout XML to allow parameter mapping of related widgets to be grouped
- (#40) Ability to display different parameter information on Labels
- (#37) Support for different operation modes for Inc/Dec Button Sliders
- (#36) Enhanced User Settings Window, which refreshes all Control Panels on close
- (#32) Support for URL linking from TextButtons
- (#25) Support for Momentary Toggle buttons
- (#23) Unload Configuration button in SS128A BC Module Popup
- (#33) Colour support in layouts for Tooltips and BubbleComponents
- (#33) New User Settings and layout defaults for Show/Hide Tooltips and Tooltip delay
- (#28) Improvements to the handling of system errors (e.g. when loading an invalid or missing Configuration)
- Improved Parameter display in VST hosts (fixed decimal places)

Bug fixes
- (#20) Tooltips now appear on LinearBar Sliders
- (#5) All settings now stored in SS128A presets

Configuration Manager Window
Right-click -> Edit Mapping
edit-mapping.png
edit-mapping.png (17.45 KiB) Viewed 13330 times

Right-click -> Edit Mapped Parameter

sunmachine

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostFri Oct 10, 2014 7:00 am

Wow, that looks great!
Thanks for your ongoing effort!!

w_ellis

PostFri Oct 10, 2014 7:43 am

Thanks for checking it out. We'll be really interested to get any feedback (good or bad!) on the new features.

Let me know whether you're still experiencing the Mixbus issue (https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/issues/35). I'm probably going to have to contact PreSonus about the flickery VST3 load issue (https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/issues/29), as I think that may need them to make a change.

dawman

PostSat Oct 11, 2014 1:02 am

I have Studio One now, Reaper and Bidule and really appreciate all of this work from yuze guyz.
I got time again this weekend to see how things go.

Cheerz

w_ellis

PostSat Oct 11, 2014 6:25 am

Great! Just drop me an email if you get stuck at any point. I'm conscious that we haven't put any tutorials together yet, but hopefully you'll work out roughly what's going on with it. Make sure to try out the Control Panel from the SS128A BC Module too.

cwmod

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks again Bill and Simon! This is absolutely brilliant.

Some things I noticed:

-Configuration manager:
--brilliant! clearly arranged, best way to edit parameters. Like Inspector in Max, but better :D
--Mid-point way, discrete values, val interval: super.
--'Skew UI only' - what is it?
-Wish: Label colours? (just plain colours, no colour edit)
-q: where are Encoder groups B1-8 -> D1-8?

-problems:
--SS Vst parameters are not transferred to Scope..
..when loading a saved Vst bank
..after laoading an Ableton song (with SS)

w_ellis

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 9:11 am

Hi Roy,

Thanks for checking it out. A few comments on your notes:

-Configuration manager:
--brilliant! clearly arranged, best way to edit parameters. Like Inspector in Max, but better :D

The Parameter Presets in the Black Dwarf release should make it even easier to set devices up! By the way, have you tried out Copy/Paste yet... that's quite cool! Also, let us know what you think of the keyboard shortcuts... we want the process to be as smooth as possible.

--'Skew UI only' - what is it?

If you only want Skew to apply to the UI widgets, not to the communication between ScopeSync and Scope. In most cases you'll want this disabled, but there were some unusual situations where you might want them to be separate. P.S. Skew is set by the Mid-point value and/or the dB reference value. Simon is more knowledgeable about the applications of this, I just did what I was told ;)

-Wish: Label colours? (just plain colours, no colour edit)

You'll like the next update ;) We've added Style Overrides, which allows you to choose a different Look and Feel for any displayed widget. The initial version will allow you to select from a preset list of styles, but we'll be adding custom overrides later.

-q: where are Encoder groups B1-8 -> D1-8?

Where are you having problems finding them? You just click on one of the A, B, C, D buttons at the top of the BCR/BCF layouts to access them. They're the equivalent of the 4 banks on the Behringer hardware devices.

-problems:
--SS Vst parameters are not transferred to Scope..
..when loading a saved Vst bank
..after laoading an Ableton song (with SS)

Have you tried using the snapshot button (camera icon in toolbar) after loading a VST preset? This can be automated too, so you can trigger it at the start of a song, or after a preset change.

cwmod

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 10:20 am

thanks Will,
w_ellis wrote:Where are you having problems finding them? You just click on one of the A, B, C, D buttons at the top of the BCR/BCF layouts to access them.

sorry for my blindness -still can't see it:
maybe I have the wrong version? your panel behind 'Edit Mapped Parameters' looks different.

w_ellis wrote:Have you tried using the snapshot button (camera icon in toolbar) after loading a VST preset?

yes, of course I've tried that (in Ableton Vst, right?).
Maybe I've connected something wrong?
I can see that Able is sending something, but it doesn't arrive in Scope; all parameters stay at default position.

Live editing is working flawlessly btw.

w_ellis

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 12:44 pm

For a start, you seem to be missing the images for that layout. It should look like this:

BCR2000-screenshot.png
BCR2000-screenshot.png (74.78 KiB) Viewed 13285 times

Did you grab the full 0.3-beta.zip file? The images live in a Skins folder underneath where you'll have found the .configuration file.

Can you send a screenshot of how you've hooked it up in Ableton? Are you able to control parameters manually (i.e. by turning knobs in the GUI)?

cwmod

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Oh yes. Forgot to copy the Skins folder. :oops:
Now all seems working correctly, also transferring data on Ableton song load. :)
Next

Return to Announcements