It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:38 am

Gigantus

Where to share your BC Modular creations
  • Author

yayajohn

Gigantus

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Well......this is my first so here goes. Don't expect it to be as perfect as some others here :?
As the name implies it a rather large one so high poly is going to need a bit of adjustment on an Xite to avoid the SAT issues. I tried it on my PCI computer and got less than optimal results, not sure but I might have to spend some time on the PCI to make sure the BC folders are in sync.
Gigantus.PNG
Gigantus.PNG (272.6 KiB) Viewed 5856 times

yayajohn

Re: Gigantus

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Here is the patch

edited. had to replace the file, found some errors already.....drat!

update 10/4/2015 -uploaded again
Attachments
Gigantus.zip
(2.79 MiB) Downloaded 260 times

w_ellis

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Wow, you don't mess about! Looking really good. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try out at some point.

How have you found working with ScopeSync so far? Any major issues or annoyances?

yayajohn

PostThu Oct 01, 2015 8:05 pm

hey Will. I hope it works. I would appreciate any feedback to improve it. If there's anything that seems kind of out of wack then it probably is and I will always take to opportunity to learn from the experience and expertise of others. I would eventually like to be able to customize the layout like my idol - Roy does for his awesome stuff :D
Couldn't really figure it out, it looks like a .png file attached in the gfx folder but not a clue how make one or how to attach it to the file.

The ScopeSync experience has been very rewarding. Takes a little bit of attention to get the hang of it but after you know your way around it's great. There's a lot of stuff i'm still a little shaky on though so expect a lot more questions - yes i'm a nag haha.
Your tutorials have been absolutely great.

My only wish is that you guys keep working on this like you have been. "If you build it they will come."

Dan

yayajohn

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 3:54 pm

having a little difficulty with the routing gates to the envelopes. Thought I originally had it routed correctly from the mvc but was getting what seemed random triggering every few notes so I tried experimenting with different routing from the midi clock and the mvc but I think I loused the whole thing up now.

My general plan

Env 1 for pitch mod 2
Env 2 for the Route2s to filter mod or pitch mod 1
Env 3 to the VCA

I wanted this synth to be as flexible as possible but it seems I might have some unneeded duplication

yayajohn

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 pm

yayajohn

PostSat Oct 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Just re-read the notes on Roy's FM One. I'm having the same issues with the ADSR's when I use a bell type patch and it's affected by the number of voices I am using. I pulled the file because I'm going to have to rework the routing and modules now and see if I can come up with something i'm happy with. I have ADSR2 gated to the MIDI clock module and turns it into a very fast cycle LFO esp when you run the tempo up to around 200 so I think I will keep it that way. I've also been experimenting with the addition of 2 insert effect modules and it looks like I only have to sacrifice 1 voice for those using most of the stock plugs. I can get 8 voices without the effects modules and 7 with. I'm pretty much out of parameters on the scopesync module for this one though so not sure what I will decide to do yet. Using effects external to the synth seems a better idea since you can control the dsp placement.
I know that some of the design of this might seem strange and probably incorrect to the educated synthesist. I'm more of a "lets see what happens when I do this" kind of person and if I like what I hear I keep it but some times it gets me into trouble and I end up scrapping a lot of work. Hopefully this one will work out.
I will repost the files soon.

Dan

cwmod

PostMon Oct 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Hey another ScopeSync cultist, welcome aboard!
I checked your patch. It's really big!
Also an interesting way you dealt with the esync issue (by using gateOr modules).

yayajohn wrote:I know that some of the design of this might seem strange and probably incorrect to the educated synthesist. I'm more of a "lets see what happens when I do this" kind of person and if I like what I hear I keep it

:P that's legit, just a tiny note that you don't need SRcomp modules for gain control. They only make sense for freq or time dependent modules.

Have you already made some Vst presets?
Afaik ScopeSync isn't (yet) able to transfer Scope presets over to the DAW (Vst) part.
(at least not yet in the current stable version)

yayajohn

PostTue Oct 06, 2015 1:21 am

:D thanks for checking it out Roy. I did not know that for the SR conversion so I will change that and that is a good thing because it makes the patch just a little bit smaller. Any potential issues you can think of using my gate/esync fix? It seemed to work
I haven't made any Vst presets yet. What I was planning on doing is just pulling up the few I have made in Scope and then saving them individually in the Vst.
You bring up a good point though, I should probably just use the Vst console for the presets and save myself a step.
I don't do a whole lot of DAW automation yet, I mostly play the synths on the keyboard and record the audio. Prob hook it up to my BCR or Novation first then get to the automation lanes later.
Right now I have been very happy just using the Scopsync console on the Scope side. It has made making presets a whole lot easier.
I knew this was going to be a big bite to chew for a first timer but I also knew it would keep me involved longer and force me to retain hopefully most of what I learned in the process. My next patch will be smaller.

yayajohn

PostTue Oct 06, 2015 1:29 am

"Afaik ScopeSync isn't (yet) able to transfer Scope presets over to the DAW (Vst) part."

what I meant was just opening a preset in Scope and syncing the Vst console with the snapshot button and then saving the preset as a .FXP?

Return to BC Modular Patches