It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:52 am

Black Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.4-beta)

The latest ScopeSync news
  • Author

w_ellis

Black Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.4-beta)

PostSun Nov 09, 2014 8:17 pm

At last, we've reached the Black Dwarf milestone for ScopeSync, which is the version we would like to release for open beta testing via an announcement on the PlanetZ forum. We'd like to do that next week if possible and it would be fantastic if a few of you could give the release a once over before then, so we can iron out any niggles. As you'll see, there are some big changes in this version. I'm currently putting together a series of short tutorial videos to help getting started, but feel free to pester if you want any assistance in the meantime.

Highlights
This release adds the Parameter Preset Manager for setting up and maintaining Parameter Presets, as well as Style Overrides to allow widget look and feel to be overridden on a per-Configuration basis. It also includes the new File Library, supporting Configuration Chooser and Layout Chooser windows.

This is the first release that can be installed using a standard Windows installer program. It also includes a large set of Template Layouts and associated Configurations to help get up and running quickly.

Instructions
Download and run the setup.exe from here: ScopeSync-v0.4-beta.zip

Known Issues
See http://git.io/k5_L6A for key issues known about at the time of the latest release

Key feature enhancements
- (#39) Parameter Presets - see screenshots below
- (#42) & (#61) Style Overrides - see screenshots below
- (#60) Widget Templates - enhancement to Layout XML to allow widget templates to be defined and applied to specific widget instances
- Installer application - handles installation of the main components and templates, as well as plugin files
- Template Layouts - 25 standard format Layouts, all supporting Style Overrides with over 45 custom encoder styles (see screenshot below)
- Template Configurations - standard Configurations designed as starting points for use with Template Layouts
- (#41) Control Panel buttons and keyboard shortcuts - all standard features in the Control Panel can now be controlled via keyboard shortcuts. Includes Edit Toolbar (displayed at bottom-left of Control Panel)
- (#46) Add New Configuration - ability to create a new Configuration from scratch
- (#55) About Page - Linked from ScopeSync logo in Control Panel header. Shows credits, module version information and link to website
- (#57) Component Name support in layouts
- New `<standardcontent>` element in Layout XML, to allow including of repeated content, like the ScopeSync header
- Support for module versioning, in case of backward compatibility issues in the future
- Improved display of System Errors on Configuration/Layout load issues
- Lots of minor interface improvements

Bug fixes
- (#1) Load Configuration file browser opens twice - no longer relevant with the new Configuration Chooser
- (#50) Reloading of modified configurations doesn't work - now Reload does reload from file, with warning that unsaved changes will be lost
- (#51) Ableton doesn't auto-add Button into Automation list
- (#54) Parameter recall on load in Ableton
- Discrete parameters weren't sending the correct Scope values if not in sequence
- Certain parameter values were being rounded if large integers
- Control Panel not focused on load
- ComboBox LookAndFeel not applied correctly
- TabbedComponents incorrectly responding to parameter changes

Parameter Chooser

Parameter Preset Manager

Style Overrides

Template Layouts

File Library

Configuration Chooser

Layout Chooser

jhulk

Re: Black Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.4-beta)

PostSun Nov 09, 2014 8:36 pm

looks great will i just set up a website and im hopig to start some screen capture videos for this and creating custom modules using the clm shell

i have been working on several synths that are near completion and doing a gui for them would make a good screen capture video looking forward to working with this

the first 3 synths im working on is the monowave3 a sk20d with samples from yayajohns sk20d and the kawai k3

and dual colaboration with sharc on a rsf kobol expander type synth

keep up the good work

w_ellis

PostSun Nov 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Cheers Jammie. Just let us know if you need any help getting up and running.

jhulk

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 10:03 am

will do will i already had to download and install some newer net and c++ stuff as my xp system was not upto date on those

as i was getting errors but sharc already pointed that out to me a few months ago

ill load thois latest version on wednesday in the studio as i also need to try and do some screen capture stuff of custom clm modules im going to do a video on how to make a quadrature lfo

cwmod

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Wow! Didn't know you go that far! Dozends of new widgets, also with selectable colors, parameter presets..
Patching right away!

Return to Announcements