It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:34 am

What Hardware and Software are you using?

This is the place to chat if you need any help using BC Modular
  • Author

sharc

Site Admin

Re: What Hardware and Software are you using?

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 10:08 pm

It's good to hear you're making progress with the BCM modules combined with the B-Control Dan. Thanks again to Will for doing such a great job with the tutorials ;)

Buttons can be a little bit of a PITA on the BCM's compared to the encoders in a 'one configuration suits all' sense. You'll maybe notice that the array module has a different approach with the arrays auto-ranging to CC's 0-127, but still you need to have the buttons sending CC's which suit this range and the values change based on the number of entries. As far as I can tell there isn't a simple solution to this other than making the buttons a lot less diverse in their functionality.

Maybe a future update will solve this issue. The B-Control has a MIDI language all of its own when it comes to configuration unfortunately. Otherwise I'd have the BCM's sending more than value feedback. In the meantime, users can always find a fixed layout which suits their needs and stick to it or work on a B-Control preset per patch basis :)

yayajohn

PostFri Feb 28, 2014 2:45 am

Will, I am using an Xite-1 Scope 5.1 WinXP 32bit. I pulled the .dev from the Wiki link that you made. It's really no big deal once you know how to fix it, the only reason I mentioned it was for future newbies like me.

Sharc, the way this is set up suits me fine right now. Maybe down the road i'll get into the more advanced functions.

many thanks for this

Dan

TB303

PostTue Mar 04, 2014 7:20 pm

my setup:
Scope 5.1 WinXP(tinyxp-stripped) 32bit. thats 27dsp's in a old crappy p4 machine with ssd
scope 4,5 WinXP(tinyxp-stripped) 32bit 6dsp in a old crappy p4 machine
+ bcr2000 :)

i use mainly rs7000 as a sequencer and sometimes ableton.

zhoo

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 pm

XITE-1. scope 5.1, 2 xeons e-5 2667 v4. asus z10pe-d16 ws motherboard. windows 8.1 64-bit. 128 Gb of ram. also in this system there are antelope goliath hd, antelope eclips384 , eventide h8000fw and eventide h9000. uad-2 pci-e - octo. 2 nvidia gtx 1080 for nebula ( cuda processing ).
Previous

Return to Support